Do you like motorcycles? Are you curious, adventurous and hardworking? Do you like challenges? Are you creative, detail-oriented, and good at problem solving? Are you experienced in creating written and visual content for multiple platforms including print, web, and social media? Do you like to travel and experience multi-day motorcycle adventures? Do you want to get paid to do it?
EPG Media & Specialty Information is hiring a full-time remote content creator / editor (in Southern California; see below) to work for its two mainstream motorcycle publications: Rider, a specialty all-brand motorcycle magazine in travel. and adventure, and Thunder press, an American V-twin magazine focused on the streets. Both magazines publish 12 monthly issues and produce content for websites, buying guides, social media platforms, videos and podcasts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research, write and edit original features, test drives, travel reports, product reviews, news, etc.
- Representation of magazines at press launches, industry events, trade shows, etc. (around 25% travel required)
- Testing motorcycles including riding, researching, modeling for photo / video shoots, having dyno bikes tested, measuring fuel consumption and wet weight, etc.
- Testing of motorcycle clothing, products, parts and accessories including research, writing, installation, evaluation, photography and video
- Speak in front of the camera in motorcycle and product test videos
- Obtaining, selecting and editing photos and videos
- Coordinate with editors, editor and art director to meet deadlines and keep publications on schedule
- Copy editing, proofreading and fact checking
- Planning, scheduling and uploading content to websites and social media channels
- Develop ideas for articles and articles
- Editorial planning assistance
It is demanding and fast-paced work. You will be an integral and essential part of our editorial team, so you will wear many hats and benefit from a wide range of experiences. We are looking for an enthusiastic, all-in candidate who is willing to take on a challenge, does not give up easily and maintains a high standard. It’s also a rewarding job where you can do what you love – ride motorcycles and share your experiences with other enthusiasts – and get paid for it. And you’ll never have to pay for helmets, gear, gas or tires!
- High level of motorcycle riding ability (5+ years experience; street riding experience, clean driving record and motorcycle approval on your driver’s license required)
- Understanding of the mechanical operation and requirements of modern road-approved motorcycles (mechanical or technical training or experience is a plus)
- Knowledge and interest in motorcycle technology and trends
- Proficient in using contemporary software / applications for desktop publishing, photo editing, content management, social media, file sharing, etc.
- Strong writing, editing, grammar / punctuation / spelling, proofreading, research and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Previous post experience preferred
- Experience managing websites and social media channels preferred
- Photography and videography skills / experience preferred
Because the editors of Rider and Thunder Press are based in Southern California (one in Orange County, the other in Ventura County), and because the test bikes, l equipment, photographers, etc. are based in the same area, although it’s a remote location that you must live in in Los Angeles, Orange, Santa Barbara, or Ventura counties. Sorry, we love Austin and Portland too, but we’re not fans of long distance relationships.
Apply, please submit your CV and cover letter tell us why you are perfect for this job. Writing samples (raw copy, previously unpublished content) and a proofreading test will be required during the interview process.