(Eds: Disclaimer: The following press release is provided to you under an agreement with Newsvoir. PTI assumes no editorial responsibility for it.)
Hosur, Tamil Nadu, India (NewsView)
• V4SV is a superb tribute to Norton’s 100 years of racing prowess and success at the Isle of Man TT – imagined on the track, born on the road
• Only British designed and built superbike available
• Built at the new multi-million pound headquarters in Solihull
• Full spec of the bike revealed, priced at £44,000
• Manufacturer will focus on fulfilling dealer orders
• For a detailed video overview of the bike: youtu.be/bU-LmFO1Wo
• To see the bike in action: youtu.be/GbuArArM-No
• Register your interest in the V4SV at www.nortonmotorcycles.com/range/v4sv
Norton Motorcycles today launched the redesigned V4SV – the ultimate British superbike. Inspired by Norton’s 100 years of racing prowess and success at the Isle of Man TT, the new V4SV will be the only British designed and production built superbike in the UK. Priced at £44,000, the Norton V4SV will be built at Norton’s recently opened multi-million pound factory in Solihull, Birmingham. Norton will prioritize deposit orders placed before TVS acquires the company in April 2020.
The redesigned V4SV is available in two color options: Carbon and Manx Silver.
The Manx Silver option is finished in striking silver bodywork with red and carbon stripes, a black front panel and red OZ Racing forged aluminum wheels.
The V4SV Carbon option features an exposed carbon fiber body finish and carbon fiber BST wheels for reduced weight and unrivaled response.
Both Norton V4SV color options include a carbon fiber fuel tank and body, a handcrafted TIG welded aluminum tube frame polished to a mirror finish and a Union Jack on the tail of the bike.
Elsewhere, to deliver the ultimate superbike experience, each model is powered by Norton’s own liquid-cooled 1200cc 72-degree V4 engine and optimized to produce 185bhp at 12,500rpm and 125Nm of torque at 9 000 rpm.
The frame is made from aerospace-grade aluminum, which was designed and developed on the world’s most rigorous race track – the Isle of Man TT.
A comprehensive quick-shift and automatic blipper system, adjustable front and rear suspension, Brembo disc brakes, sophisticated lean-angle sensitive traction control and three engine modes (wet, road and sport) are all offered on this British motorcycle.
As standard, the Norton V4SV is equipped with LED lighting for low beam, high beam, turn signals and taillight, as well as a keyless ignition system.
It also features a six-inch color TFT display, which includes rear-view camera functionality and a 15-litre carbon fiber fuel tank under the seat, with Kevlar reinforcement.
Dr Robert Hentschel, CEO of Norton Motorcycles, said: “Two years ago Norton inherited the V4 – a bike imagined for the track but born for the road. A bike that promised to combine balance, performance and power. Over the past 18 months we have worked tirelessly to bring this machine to our new world class facility in Solihull to proudly deliver on our promise to Norton owners. Thanks to the £100 million investment in Norton by TVS, and our wise investments in our engineering processes and brand new manufacturing base, we have ensured that barely a part has not been improved over the bike we inherited. The V4SV is unlike anything on the market today, by design, but it’s everything you’d expect from a bike built by the unapproachable Norton. The close ratios and engaging power make this a perfect bike for the road. This is the ultimate British superbike that will challenge and excite riders from the moment they get on the bike to the moment they get off. It is undoubtedly a beautiful work of art. We’re incredibly proud of what we’ve produced given the challenges we faced getting it to the starting line. Importantly, this new Norton V4SV marks just the first step in our exciting vision for the brand.
Register your interest in the motorcycle at www.nortonmotorcycles.com/range/v4sv.
To watch a detailed overview of the bike, see here: youtu.be/bU-LmFO1Wo.
To see V4SV in action, go to: youtu.be/GbuArArM-No.
• Engine type: Norton 72 degree liquid cooled V4, 1200cc. Chain driven cams with idler gear for reduced engine height. Titanium intake valves. Slipper clutch.
• Bore and stroke: 82 mm x 56.8 mm.
• Compression ratio: 13.6:1.
• Fuel injection: electronic fuel injection system. 8 fuel injectors. Independent full cable drive system on front and rear cylinder banks for ultimate control and feel.
• Power: 185 hp at 12,500 rpm.
• Torque: 125 Nm at 9,000 rpm.
• Bodywork: 100% carbon fibre.
• Fuel tank: 15 liter carbon fiber fuel tank under the saddle, with Kevlar reinforcement.
• Footpegs: Billet footpegs and pedals.
• Frame type: Tubular aluminum frame. Aerospace 5-axis CNC machined stabilizers and headstock. The frame is hand TIG welded to the Norton seat and hand polished to a mirror finish.
• Adjustable geometry: adjustable cutting angle, steering offset and swingarm pivot.
• Swingarm: Single-sided, braced, undersprung swingarm with rising-speed linkage geometry developed from TT race bikes.
• Wheelbase: 1,434mm.
• Dry weight: 193 kg.
• Headstock angle: 23.9 degrees.
• Yokes: Top and bottom billet.
• Wheels: Carbon model: BST in carbon fibre. Manx model: Oz racing forged aluminum.
• Steering damper: Ohlins damper.
Note: The chassis design was developed on the world’s toughest racing circuit, the Isle of Man TT.
• Front brakes: 2 floating discs of 330 mm. One-piece radially mounted Brembo calipers. Brembo discs and Brembo master cylinder.
• Rear brakes: Brembo 245mm rear disc. Brembo caliper and master cylinder.
• Front suspension: Ohlins NIX30 front fork. Fully adjustable.
• Rear suspension: Ohlins TTXGP Norton custom fully adjustable rear shock.
• Lighting: LED lighting for dipped beam, main beam, indicators and rear light.
• Instruments: 6-inch color screen with automatic brightness adjustment. Includes rear view camera functionality (does not replace mirrors), DRL style light mode and driver “engine mode” setting.
• Engine modes: Rain, Road and Sport.
• Quick Shift: complete quick change system and automatic blipper.
• Electronic aids: linked to motor mode: lean angle sensitive traction control using six axes
• Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU). Ignition: Keyless ignition system with electronic steering lock (manual fuel filler cap).
• Manx Money
About Norton Motorcycles
Norton Motorcycles was founded in 1898 as a manufacturer of fittings and parts for the two-wheeler trade.
Norton Motorcycles has become one of Britain’s most iconic motorcycle brands, manufacturing famous models such as 650SS, Atlas, Commando, Dominator, Manx, Navigator and more – constantly innovating in motorcycle technology, with features to benefit the lightness and resistance of the bike. races. Norton Motorcycles has an unrivaled history in motorsport and the brand name is synonymous with Isle of Man TT racing.
In April 2020, Norton Motorcycles was acquired by TVS Motor Company, the third largest motorcycle manufacturer in India. Under TVS management, Norton is based at a new manufacturing facility in Solihull, West Midlands, building British motorcycles in England using traditional craftsmanship techniques with modern machinery for consistent quality.
For media inquiries:
For all inquiries, please contact Performance Communications at email@example.com